fot

Re: [Fot] FW: TR6 Timing

To: "'fot'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] FW: TR6 Timing
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 10:35:27 -0700
> I would also like to direct some
> blame to the BL
> exec who thought up this dueling distributor idea.

Actually, I believe the vacuum retard was a US requirement.  Possibly you
could blame BL for trying to keep the vacuum advance, but since it does
improve things, that part seems like a good idea.

And BL was certainly not the only company to use "dueling" modules.  My 1970
Audi had exactly the same setup and still made almost 1 hp/ci.

As you've no doubt realized by now, the port on top of the carb is for the
vacuum advance.  The retard port (if you have one) is on the bottom.  And
there is a difference.

-- Randall
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com