fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire fuel cell size

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "Don Marshall" <donmarshall@nefcom.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire fuel cell size
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:44:47 -0500
Eight gallons here. ATL cell.

I usually never fill it to the 8-gallon mark -- people get all excited when
the overflow vent actually overflows a little (Geez, people, it'll evaporate
before you can get the kitty litter). Lately I go out with 5-6 gallons for a
race and come in with 2-3 depending on race length.

BTW, I got mine with dual pickups, one duckfoot in each back corner,  and
run them to dual fuel pumps (twin Holley reds, which tee into one fuel line
going forward and choked down to 2.5 psi at the regulator). Even with less
than a gallon, I have fuel to the carbs.

--Rocky Entriken