fot

Re: [Fot] Plumbing question

To: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Plumbing question
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:50:11 -0400
I'm guessing we are talking about tractor motors.  The sixes have a port on the
block below the distributor, in line with the main galley and above the
pressure valve from the oil pump discharge, that is filled in at the factory
with some soft metal. It can be drilled out and the port re-tapped - takes the
NPT end of an AN12 fitting.  That gets plumbed straight to the accusump, so
when the 'sump discharges it pumps right back into the galley.  I have a one
way valve on the supply or return from the oil cooler, so there's no way oil
can go back to the filter.