fot

[Fot] Just some history... and some extra color.

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>, <cwe@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Just some history... and some extra color.
From: "MORDY DUNST" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:33:10 -0700
  I thought I would put down on paper some interesting notes.  You may have
seen the You tube videos that some of the Fot members have posted on 2011 Kas
Cup race at Laguna Seca.

    For those who are not familiar...

  Mr. Jerry Barker (winner of the Kas Cup 2011)  has some interesting
backround... See the links.

  http://www.flickriver.com/photos/27666849@N04/3369691006/

  His Dad Mr.  Ed  Barker raced with Kas.  You may notice that he was entered
in 1965 Sebring and raced with my Father in Law Mr. Mike Rothschild.

  http://www.racingsportscars.com/driver/results/Ed-Barker-USA.html?page=2

  The Baby Doll Morgan driven by Mr. Greg Solow  has some marvelous history.
Here is a simple link.
   http://www.forbes.com/2002/09/24/0924vow.html

  The TR250K has had some marvelous previous drivers over the years.  One
driver has some interesting history as well, Mr William (Bill) Watkins.   He
is an engineer by trade.  Accomplishments include many but, a couple are sort
of interesting (at least for me).  He engineered the Dysneyland Space Mountain
ride. In fact he received a patent for some of his efforts. He was so into
safety that he would not allow anyone to ride on it until he gave the thumbs
up.
  http://www.fot-racing.com/historic/caption/TR250k.htm
  http://www.mouseplanet.com/7138/DL_Space_Mountain_Part_2

  The second accopmplishement was suspending my Garage roof.  He was in need
of some gaskets for his racer in New Zealand.  He came to me and asked me to
make them for him.    I could not accept any money from him as it was an
honor.   He said that he would not leave until we agreed to a price.  So, I
traded him for engineering work to suspend my Metal Garage Roof so that I had
a clear span.  I told him that I wanted it our of Wood not metal.   He did the
calc's and told me precisely what was needed.  The roof only dropped .125" of
an inch when I finished.

  Currently, the 250k isowned by Mr. Bill Hart and  driven by Mr. Tony Garmey
... Can you very fast.

  Mordy
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com