fot

[Fot] Head Milling Recomendations

To: Friends of triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Head Milling Recomendations
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:21:34 -0400
Group
I have been rebuilding a number of TR6 engines this summer, most have
been stock with overbores.
The latest wants  to raise compression up to ~ 9.5:1 . He already has a
mild cam.
I believe this has been a past thread but I can't seem to find it.
About how much in thousands would you go for that 9.5:1 compression ratio.
I did this a few years ago but can't remember how much I took off.
He is also looking for improved streetable performance.
I recommended the shaved head, raising compression and an improvement in
carburetion such as new SU's
The car is a 74 with the dual exhaust ( new stainless ) so no headers on
this one. He already has a mild cam but I'm starting with one of my
donor engines since his crank and block are wiped out due to the dreaded
thrust bearing problem ( did a full circle thrust bearing on this
earliear but the crank is too rough ).
Suggestions??
Thanks in Advance
Glenn Franco