fot

Re: [Fot] Proceedure for checking rod bearing clearances

To: toodamnfunky@comcast.net, Friends of triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Proceedure for checking rod bearing clearances
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:19:20 -0400
I have been using platigauge for years. Works great. Just built an
engine last month and have two in process right now.
I check out of round of the journals with a digital mic, but bearing
clearances with platigauge on the mains and rods.
Most of my engine builds have been street performance engines and I
always have my automotive machine shop grind and polish the crank.
I'm old school and used to use an inside mike on the ID then check the
difference to the OD (PITA).
Glenn

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com