fot

Re: [Fot] fiberglass spit bonnets

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] fiberglass spit bonnets
From: Aaron Johnson <fpspitfire@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:08:47 -0500
Prodbodies.com

I believe most of it is the former japco moulds.   Keith does a good job and
prices are reasonable.

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 18, 2011, at 12:57 AM, "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com> wrote:

> Forget Performance Fiberglass. The guy's been out of racing for years, no
longer in business. Yes his website is still up, but when I tried to contact
him early last year no response (I wanted his fender flares). He would've been
very handy since I live in Salina too (I ended up inventing my own flares).

> I bought a lightweight (racing) fiberglass bonnet (and boot lid) many years
ago from Ted Schumacher. It has held up remarkably well. It came in three
parts, the full bonnet in one piece, the two inner fenders separately. A local
body man put them together for me. Had to cut out the openings for the grille,
and used the cutout pieces as supports for the inner fenders. Just has
indentations where the side clips went (I'm held on with hood pins at the top
rear corners). Some wood blocks maintain the spacing of the sides from the
interior body.

> --Rocky
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Guinan" <joeg@neb.rr.com>

Spits