fot

[Fot] FW: to the crusher ....

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] FW: to the crusher ....
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:31:06 -0600
It would be a shame for this one to go to the crusher (not that I think
it really will).  There are not many Spitfire motors that will run all
day over 9,000 and at times over 10,000.  This is one of them.

I co-drove That Loooong Race some years ago with Tom in this car.  He
kept telling me not to shift until 10,000, but there's just no way I was
going to run someone else's car that hard.  Shifting at 9,500 seemed
high enough.

Good solid race car with a fancy motor.  Bit oily underneath, though
:-)

Scott B.