fot

[Fot] timing cover

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] timing cover
From: "william r tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 13:45:24 -0500
Hi All, I sent out an e-mail yesterday, but it must have been too big to go
through.
On my TR6 timing cover, I sketched out about where the chain and top gear were
located, and used a 3 3/4 inch hole saw to cut a large hole in the timing
cover. I drilled some small holes in the cover and brazed some 10-32 machine
screws to the inside of the cover, about 3/4 inch long. Facing out naturally.
I then took some 1/4 inch aluminum flat stock and cut a 4 3/4 inch round
piece. I matched the large piece to the machine screws and drilled holes in
the large piece (the cover). And made a gasket to go with it.Threre's a fair
amount of room between the chain/sprocket and the cover, so there wasn't a
problem with interference with the brazed screws.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive