fot

[Fot] Spitfire dipstick tube

To: Friends of Triumph <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire dipstick tube
From: Don Marshall <donmarshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:20:45 -0500
I need to know if my early Spit 1147 engine should have a dipstick tube in
the block or not.  Right now, there's just a hole for the dipstick with no
extension tube.  A later 1147 I have in the barn does have a tube that
brings the dipstick up about an inch or so.  Both dipsticks are exactly the
same, with the oil level marks at the same place, so it would appear that a
tube would be normal, but I'd like to know for sure.  If I'm supposed to
have the tube but don't, the oil level will read higher on the dipstick and
if I get it to where it's "correct" on the dipstick I'll actually be low.
 If anyone has an early 1147 they could check I'd appreciate knowing if it
has a extension tube or not.  I know I can add marks to the dipstick to
compensate but since I don't know how much oil the oil cooler and lines
hold I'd just be guessing as to how much should be in there.

Thanks, Don
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html