fot

[Fot] List notes

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] List notes
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 18:54:16 -0700
Every now and again I get a message from Mordy which consists
of little more than something forwarded from someone with a
Team.Net issue.  Mordy has nothing to do with it, folks.

The person running Team.Net is me, mjb, mark@bradakis.com.
Please don't bother Mordy with stuff not in his realm.

I try to keep it all running as smoothly as possible, not drawing
attention to the man behind the curtain.  Usually it works, but
sometimes things happen.  Currently there are some issues with
the new server regarding the forums, the archives and some web
pages.  I try to get things fixed when I can - remember I do have a
real job and some bit of life outside of Team.Net.  I better have
everything up to snuff soon, the annual fund drive will be coming
up and I want folks to be happy with the service!

There was an unusual interruption last night.  For various reasons
my wife's Windows machine is over there on the floor and the new
Team.Net server is up in the living room where she can make use
of it temporarily while I work on getting things back in their
proper places.  So she's working on the computer last night, she
basically just needs a simple web browser.  She finishes up and then
shuts off the machine.  Yep, she just turns off Team.Net.  Nice.  Of
course I always threaten to do that when something goes awry, have
been for the last 20+ years, will probably continue to threaten.
But I don't really mean it.

I'll have her machine back in its proper place this weekend.  If anyone
is going to just shutdown Team.Net it better be me!

mjb.