fot

[Fot] 2012 Mitty @ Road Atlanta...

To: henry@henryfrye.com
Subject: [Fot] 2012 Mitty @ Road Atlanta...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Dear Henry, et al...

I have very limited HSR racing experience (Sebring, etc), but looking over
the Provisional Schedule that they have posted on their website for the
MITTY, I am concerned about TECH.  I can find no reference to TECH being
available on either Wednesday or Thursday.  That sure would be a surprise to
me.
It is listed on Friday between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM, which hardly seems
sufficient to accommodate their ambitious racing schedule that starts on Friday
at
8 AM.  A bright note is our first scheduled session is not until 11:35 AM,
but that still strikes me as a potential issue.  We have enough prep issues
to deal with, without long lines for TECH.  TECH is also listed for 8:00 AM
until noon on Saturday, but not thereafter.  That may not be an issue as
TECH is often 'as needed or by appointment' thereafter at an event.  But it
sure seems like there ought to be TECH opportunities on both Wednesday and
Thursday.

I don't know about HSR, but her ex-sister, SVRA, used to allow special TECH
provisions in the competition paddock at their events for the featured
marque (that'd be us here).  Any chance that could/would happen here?
Could/would HSR assign TECH people to scrutinize our cars in the competition
paddock?
 Likewise in recent years there's been a movement to 'involve a self-TECH'
during the official TECH process.  With people they trusted to do it
correctly, they'd provide the TECH form, you'd TECH your own car, sign that you
had
done so, and be given a TECH sticker.  Any chance this or a similar process
might be considered for the MITTY.  I am NOT trying to get out of anything,
nor avoid scrutiny... rather just trying to encourage a reasonable,
efficient TECH process here.

Just thinking out loud.

Bill Dentinger