fot

Re: [Fot] Spit engine progress

To: William Collins <bkolnz@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spit engine progress
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 16:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Andrew Kramer <kramer08@gmail.com>, Brian Collins <bcollins7@sbcglobal.net>, FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=att.net; s=s1024; t=1333323166; bh=zDPkTSJwYppoaxFWvHxcKNR2MxmzhrkJzStf8ciWwFw=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=21OsLg3i4bR6ZalN5axoaPTIU+YR2sWWgrZg9adFAZPNYB4IS1p01ShBI6lmkTVXvagz0sikPbBUM3+SMuUpQXweiU3Z7LC4G01bsEvw6KNqDyXzFKdYD/2A9c+hWrWBbXnSizDqWX3IfrKqBFpV04xqS1vCQuoMszN1edOllC4= s=s1024; d=att.net; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=zhkIfMxWm79ZMsw9mrhugLGQbqdxLItEcSOzv18LKZWfmtvoVaX9PRHRchsc9eFipxmmxiDrAmICvlLIooQXetnhFgg2+T224VZIWnUVaobDZm6xdJ5B1BgZlcKRvws0ZGrhWKbF3crtlGLPHLjbHDMMoDYAwTFgkw2MeNYx4Gg=; gprDURd1rAMY5Ch1Oag0sOwhTGm3Uty0y34G9UlLrkGB1KacFKKsIPjUMa0y C8BWG7_GfkeSdbHj8GeYQC3oO1P3VwN4tW3x3HMzyZ1_K3CverRL2l6VcsTP b2jFaJXdT.ySzm6ChikEphZhOAfbonhdvOy6e.0XIYs04BauWDxDucZQbLZZ ES1OgWH5Qjs_iavrRWNuz_MV9pp6D1JJ8Gef6saLFh1ctRaX3Dq2Yg0oaT6C _5SNNqeSY6_xIQsXE1MEWhs6OsVooeTqqENZaPDVw8SO1OncygsB.FNxWCd8 JZgJ1Wh6kj0ojMzkezlTL_da4tIwgjbczV.Zr2vblyOPRYfDYRXJY2hc5QXw OhpZJv.My
After the weekend at TWS and nothing blowing up, I came home and wrestled the
oil leak on the front of the car. Machine shop had stripped out one of the
mounting bolts of my alloy plate. I had another ARE engine plate which I
installed. The front seal mount was also a bit out of being flush with the bare
engine front so I tapped it back into position and mounted the timing cover and
front ancillaries back into position. Still a small leak from the timing cover
but after pulling all that stuff off and on twice, I can live with a small drip
for now.

I also found some more jets for the Mikuni's (sp) and I've taken the GT6 back
up
to Pinnacle Motorsports at ECR for a few more dyno runs and fine tuning. Gregg
Rodgers wanted to add about 4" to the steering column to bring the steering
wheel closer to me. The Kirkey seat sets real high in my arm pits and I'm
bruising after a weekend in that area. My belts are up this year and Gregg
recommended a nice set of the Schroth 5 point harness set up... can't wait....
want to bring up my Miata for track day at Cresson MSR on the 14th... ready ,
set , GO!
    Bobby Whitehead
#39 DP Triumph GT-6+

________________________________
From: William Collins <bkolnz@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Spit engine progress

Hey Gang,

Looks like I'm on track for the 14th track day  at MSR,,, and then the
Mitty.       Hovman and I  have been spending a few hours during the week
bringing along the build in a  concise and accurate pace.   I'm thinking a
start
up next  week-end,  and if good,   odds and ends for until the  14th.

Any news from U's guys?

Bill