fot

Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 66, Issue 9-Stahl header

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 66, Issue 9-Stahl header
From: George Harmuth <harmug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 08:38:17 -0400 ZX853HP5|January 12, 2012) at 05/04/2012 08:38:24
"the use of a Stahl in a Spitfire also requires some pretty
good changes to the frame and right-side suspension upright.

Thanks for the info everyone. My bell housing has a large notch in it and
the frame rail looks like the flange was beat into submission sometime in
the distant past. I'll bet there was a Stahl header installed by a PO. If
not, I have a good start on the mods to put one on now.
Follow up question, ceramic coating or not? My thinking is not to coat, let
the gas cool quickly and contract, reducing the volume and back pressure.
Less pressure == better flow?

thanks
mike h

G. Michael Harmuth