fot

Re: [Fot] Subject: Indexing plugs

To: Catpusher@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Subject: Indexing plugs
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:41:20 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 05/05/2012 6:17:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
Catpusher@aol.com writes:

> We could not measure any change, and we run popups and a high CR; we went
>
> to MSD and then Electromotive and ran to 7200RPM with our TR3.

Hi Hardy...

7200!  WOW!

Our mechanic, Kevin Potter, said that he used to index the plugs on our
engines, but did not see any gains worth the effort.   Kevin was big in Karting
for a while, with his two daughters as drivers.  He said that on the Briggs
and Stratton Kart engines, there were significant gains to be made. Those
engines were of a flathead design. It seemed the shrouding of the electrode
was more important on that type of engine. He thinks, usually the main reason
for indexing is with a domed, or popup piston, if they are not indexed
properly, when the piston is at TDC, it will smash the plug because of
clearance.

Bill Dentinger