fot

Re: [Fot] Indexing plugs

To: 'Kas Kastner' <kaskas@cox.net>, john hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com>, 'Bill Babcock' <ponobill@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Indexing plugs
From: <rodkent@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 11:32:43 -0400
Cc: fot-bounces@autox.team.net, 'fot' <fot@autox.team.net>
Hi, I don't think there is much to be gained by indexing on our motors, however
I have always felt it important to use copper washers to regulate the thread
ingagement in the head. I think its important not to have any of the bottom
threads of the plug appearing in the combustion chambers, those sharp edges can
act like a glow plug, a good cause of pre ignition.thx
---- john hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com> wrote:
Yes, Bill....that's where my dealing with indexing came from, TZ250
Yamaha's....we found indexing them towards the rear transfer ports worked
best.

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: jhhasty@gdhs.com
www.gdhs.com

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.