fot

Re: [Fot] sighting

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] sighting
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 19:03:46 -0600
Neat.  At the risk of upsetting folks with a non-racing story  I saw an
eagle once.
Well, I've seen many eagles.  The one that I remember was on the way to
a climbing
trip in the Tetons.  I had driven most of the way from Salt Lake after a
dead of night
start.  We got to Alpine, Wyoming just before dawn, I was tired, another
guy took
over driving.  It might have been my old '67 Coronet wagon.  Anyway, we
start
heading up Alpine Canyon along the Snake River.  I was trying to get
comfy in
the back seat for a nap.  Along the way I sat up to rearrange the
sweaters and
such I was using for a pillow and glanced out the window.  It was a
cool, foggy
morning in the dim light of the breaking dawn.  A *huge* Golden eagle swoops
out of the mist, snags a fish from the river and disappears into the
swirling
gray.  Beautiful!

I'm still glad that I happened to look out the window at that very moment.

mjb.