fot

Re: [Fot] silicone brake fluid....now oil pump.

To: "'Joe Alexander'" <n197tr4@cs.com>, <4everglades@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] silicone brake fluid....now oil pump.
From: "Steve Yott" <tr4@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:11:03 -0500
Joe and all,
Well the short story is that I was heading to the MITTY and made it almost
through Kentucky but was not feeling well and decided to return to home.
Everyone tells me I missed a great time.

As far as the oil pumps I am very happy that so many are now running on the
road!  I have produced over 50 of them so far and from what I have heard all
are working well.  That is great news which reflects on the wisdom of the
machinists I use that came up with the final idea.  I am currently out of
the custom pump rotors and it will be awhile before I get another batch
machined.  I really hate to say that the costs will be going up again as I
have needed to order rebuild kits to obtain the outer rotors.  To have those
machined is a very high cost since they would need to be EDM machined.  I
now order the rebuild kits and use the outer rotor and toss the inners!

So I should have another batch ready by the end of summer and I would
appreciate anyone wanting a pump to let me know so I can get an idea on the
quantity to order.

PS: I use bronze valve guides that I machine!  I also use a clearance of
.002"   Just had to get that in!!!!!

Steve Yott
Silver Lake, WI

  _____