fot

Re: [Fot] Electronic Distributor and Total Advance

To: "'T Thompson'" <tylerpthompson@yahoo.com>, "'&#39;FOT List&#39;'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Electronic Distributor and Total Advance
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 21:53:18 -0500
Do you have a timing light that you can punch in the advance and with that
feature you can see exactly what advance you are actually running?  I have
an older Snap-on one that if I punch the advance or retard buttons I can
watch and see at 3000 RPM, for example, when the timing mark is lined up on
the pointer.  The amount of advance is I have punched in then shows in a
display.  I got this from my brother when he retired from his service
business.  I'm pretty sure these are now available at auto parts stores for
a heck of a lot less than the Snap-on variety.
        With somebody in the car working the accelerator and reading the
tach, you can plot your advance curve.  Very handy.

Tim