fot

Re: [Fot] TR-4 vertical link and trunnion

To: jason@multivintage.com, fot-bounces@autox.team.net, jhhasty@gdhs.com, charly@mitchelplumbing.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR-4 vertical link and trunnion
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:51:06 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/20/2012 3:28:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
jason@multivintage.com writes:

> Is the change of the badge legal under "Rules For Guys Racing Since
> 1906?"

Jason...

When I started road racing over here in 1906 there were no rules.  I was
the only racer.  Then this other guy started racing, and right away they
needed rules.  Soon there were five or six guys racing and soon that dam rule
book was nearly an inch thick.

Incidentally, I can't remember for sure who it was, but at the Friday night
Beady Eye wine and cheese party at Grattan someone was making some pretty
solid points about what is hurting race series these days like Indy Car and
so on.  He maintained one of the big reasons is they have made it impossible
for any ingenuity.  In the old days people would develop whole new cars to
compete, and the stands would be full of people watching the practice and
time trials, not to mention come race day.  They all wanted to see the new
stuff, the new cars, and how good they were or weren't.  The guy was making
some
really great points.  I wish I would not have had so much Pinot Grigio.
I'd remember better and could share it with you.

Bill (Damdinger)

PS  Wait a minute.  Jason...you were there!  Oh, that's right.  You were
drinking too.  Good cheese though.  Picante Provolone, Sharp White Cheddar, a
soft brie, and back by popular demand...Mindoro Bleu.