fot

Re: [Fot] Frozen trunnion bolt

To: fot@autox.team.net, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Frozen trunnion bolt
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 19:38:28 -0700 (PDT)
Tony: That is very common. The bolt rusts to the tubes inside the top-hat. The
bolt turns, but you can't pull it out because the OD of the tube is bigger
than the hole in the trunnion. If you can't PB Blaster it and then press out
in a press you'll need to cut the bolt head and nut off.
If you damage the trunnion let me know which side it is R/H or L/H and I'll
send you a good one.
-Ed-