fot

[Fot] GT6 rebuild ...

To: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] GT6 rebuild ...
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:34:04 -0700 (PDT)
I'm getting my mind (and wallet) around the idea of starting to rebuild an
engine for my GT6.. one of my CVAR guys suggests I use a TR6 engine this
time...
I'm not so sure I want to 'cheat' ...  I talked to Ted @ TSI earlier this year,
I'm sure he thinks I'm a flake, cause I haven't pulled the trigger to get
started on a new one...  question is... are there products out there
specifically for the GT6 like forged rods and pistons? I found Wishbone
Classics
that I think have the rods for $1295... but the pistons on their site show TR6
pistons only...   does the (dumb question) TR6 and the GT6 share the same
piston?  I thought all along the displacement difference in the two was the
longer stroke on the TR6....
Any leads on a one stop shop for both?

Bobby Whitehead