fot

[Fot] Thanks to the list!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Thanks to the list!
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> {sentby:smtp auth 173.22.113.197 authed with tony@tonydrews.com}
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 11:52:38 -0500
I just wanted to say thanks to the participants in the FOT for all of
the advice on my recent front suspension woes, especially to
Christian Marx, Ed Barnard, Joe Alexander, Irv Korey and Dennis
Delap.  In case you didn't follow it, at the last race I broke a
right front upright / vertical link which almost sent me into the
wall.  In discussing proper replacement parts, Christian mentioned
that the TR-6 (really TR-4a through TR-6) vertical link and trunnion
assembly is much beefier than the TR-4 3 degree caster items I had
been running.  Ed, Joe, Irv and Dennis (and Good Parts) all supplied
me with pieces to get my car back together for Road America this
coming weekend.  I couldn't have done it without the advice from many
on the list, and I'm very grateful for the help and support.

I've taken pictures and will be putting a web page together on the
TR-4a / 5 / 250 / 6 front suspension installation onto a TR-4 - this
should apply to TR-3's as well.  This is a very worthwhile upgrade
since it strengthens the front suspension.  Anything that keeps the
wheels pointed in the right direction is a good thing.

Anyway, just wanted to give kudos to the list.

Cheers, Tony Drews