fot

Re: [Fot] Never be beaten by equipment

To: rblake36@yahoo.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Never be beaten by equipment
From: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:33:28 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry to hear of these MECHANICAL MALADIES.

BTW, it turned out that Jerry Barker's fuel supplies in his RV/Hauler trailer
had lines switched from his genset to the race gas by an RV service center. He
was running street gas in his Spitfire and that caused his failures at the
Mitty.

For myself, I have installed a bone stock TR4 engine in the AMBRO and hope to
run it midpack and reliably next season.

Alexander Racing isnt in a position to deal with two race engines, and we hope
to return to the track in 2013 with maximum track time at the lowest expense,
with the TR4 and the AMBRO.

I sometimes think we ask too much of this old equipment.....especially as
amateurs who do most of the work ourselves.  Money is likely well spent on the
suspension.....all that HP is no good if you cant go around the corners.

I must be getting old.  But I dont want to tow to Mosport and Road America and
then return home with tortured metal.

Something to think about.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.