fot

Re: [Fot] Never be beaten by equipment

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Never be beaten by equipment
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 14:17:12 -0500
I have seen a lot of people that run the line from the rear heater port
to the pump intake.  This will encourage more flow to the rear of the
engine, but then it is taken away, so there is less flow through the
head and back to the pump.  I spoke to a guy that modified his pump for
an outlet so that he could run water directly from the pump to the rear
of the engine.  I believe he ran it to the drain hole at the bottom of
#4.  Seems like a neat idea and I'm surprised no one else has done it.

The best thing I ever did to help with this problem was to install a
Chevy radiator that was the width of the inner fenders in my TR3.  I
then had much more control over the heat in the engine.
Larry