fot

[Fot] Now I've done it.

To: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Now I've done it.
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:23:49 -0600
Cc: Jim Gray <jgray@zimkor.com>, "Mark A. Eden" <edenma@aol.com>
Took delivery on a 1971 Spitfire Mark IV race car the other day. The
car came out of New Jersey. It was a race car from day one and never
was registered/licensed to run on the streets. It came with a SCCA log
book from the 70's and it's first race, other than the Bryar Driver's
School and the St Citie Drivers School? in late 1972, was at SCR
(whatever that is) in September of 1973. The car was raced until
August 1979 (last log entry) at various tracks on the East coast
including Lime Rock, Maars, Watkins Glen, BridgeHampton, and
Fingerlakes? so it has some race history. Don't know any more from
then to now. The guy I bought it from purchased it a couple years ago
and got it real close to race condition but then had a partner bail on
him. So he sold it to me. I posted a pic of the Log Book and the car
when it was raced back in the 70's along with some present pics on:

http://s1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/levi3451/1971%20Spitfire%20Mark%20IV%20Race%20Car/

Been sorting some things out with the help of Mark Eden, and Jim Gray
so that has been great. It came with a Weber downdraft but I'm trying
out some other setups thanks to Mark. Two SU H2S and a 40DCOE18 setup
are both in the works for some testing.

It's got it's flaws but I'm looking forward to doing what I can to
make it better and having a lot of fun to share with the list.

Thanks
Bud

P.S. Anyone want to buy a really nice TR4A project car (Below). It's
the white car in one of the pics.

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)