fot

Re: [Fot] Carrillo Rod Bolts

To: "'marty sukey'" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Carrillo Rod Bolts
From: "Spitfire Racing" <Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:22:50 -0400
Marty, I was looking this up in my docs. I knew I had the info somewhere.

First off, the original length of the bolts when new isn't what they're
talking about. Those bolts are reusable AND as you found out SUPER
expensive. They are referring to the delta between the "0" torque length and
the measured length as you tighten them. There is a special tool to do this
with which I used the first few builds. What I did was document what the
torque was when I achieved that level of stretch. I have the same rods you
do. It worked out that 38 to 39 Ft lbs yielded a .007" stretch which is what
you want. The condition of this is that you use the ARP moly lube on the
threads. Do not do this with dry threads.

Hope this helps-sorry for the delay.

Russ Moore