fot

Re: [Fot] I know it's not winter topic YET

To: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] I know it's not winter topic YET
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:33:21 -0500
Cc: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net> wrote:
"it doesn't seem to be a stretch for vintage
racers to noodle with what could be deemed more reliable or robust... in the
name of trying to make these cars do what they were never intended to do.."

Careful though Bobby,
Everyone has to be realistic and fair to the spirit of competition.
Unlimited classes and different opportunities exist in SCCA and other Club
Racing sanctioning bodies. These more modern production classes still have
places our cars with more radical "safety and speed" developments.
Pass the point of no return and that is where you should end up.
Just because Willwood makes a brake kit that fits on your GT6 doesn't mean
that you should be able to use it in vintage.
We all know this is a slippery slope.
We must all respect the fact that some cars have be running very
successfully for decades in a class legal configuration. It is also not
fair to push perfectly adequate race cars to the back of the grid just
because some better equipment is now available.
The spirit of Vintage must still hold weight and be honored as important.
No body will be mad at you if you want to race on slick tires or tell you
you can't put that car on a tube frame. But I'm glad that rules exist for
vintage that won't let you go to far.

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing