fot

Re: [Fot] East Coast FOTs...

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com> actions=TAG refid=str=0001.0A020205.50C6BCFA.0004, ss=1, re=0.000, fgs=0, ip=0.0.0.0, so=2011-07-25 19:15:43, dmn=2011-05-27 18:58:46, mode=single engine refid=str=0001.0A020205.50C6BCFA.0004, ss=1, re=0.000, fgs=0, ip=0.0.0.0, so=2011-07-25 19:15:43, dmn=2011-05-27 18:58:46
Subject: Re: [Fot] East Coast FOTs...
From: Home Consolidated <triumphs@consolidated.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:56:29 -0600
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Put me on the list, at least to spectate :-)

There is a fun hill climb, believe it or not, in Western Indiana. Newport. It
runs once a year, in October and is limited to pre WWII cars (unless the
manufacture is out of business, then it the early 1950's). It starts right at
the courthouse door and runs a drag race straight up a steep hill.

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 10, 2012, at 9:15 PM, Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com> wrote:

> Pa hill climbs are lots of fun and the hills have a lot of history - they've
been running Giants Despair continuously since 1906.  They have one every two
weeks from June 8th to Sept 14, only one hill repeated, and it's a terrific
one (Weatherly).  Good paddock scene, great variety of cars and people, quite
a few spectators as these are local, small town events, Pagoda and Duryea
being bigger (in Reading).  No run-off, no guard rails, just the real deal -
rocks, trees sone walls and occasionally getting airborne.
> Only caveat for you road racers is that driving time is limited.  If things
run smoothly, you might get four runs in a day, 1-3 minutes a shot depending
on the hill.
> Entry fees are low.   Rich Rock is one of the hill climb experts on this
forum, being one of the organizers and having run them for years.

> And yes, there are usually several Triumphs.
>
> On Dec 10, 2012, at 7:20 PM, Robert M. Lang wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've thought about posting this for a while... the PA hillclmb folks seem to
host events where a reasonble number of Triumphs attend, at least from my read
of the results. Some of us aren't road racers and an event like the Pagoda
Hillclimb in June might be a good gathering place for the non-road-race FOTs.
According to the PA Hillclimb web page will be held 22-23 June 2013. I was
thinking that a crossover event for the autocrossers and the normal hillclimb
folks along with some road racers who want to take a shot at a hillclimb...

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/triumphs@consolidated.net