fot

Re: [Fot] TR2 Cylinder Head Studs

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR2 Cylinder Head Studs
From: Duncan Charlton <duncan.charlton54@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:45:08 -0600
Cc: "'FOT@autox.team.net Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
The Standard Vanguard was 2088 cc's and power rating was 68 hp at 4300 rpm,
whereas the 1990 cc TR2 engine (same stroke, 1mm smaller bore) produced 90 hp
at 4800 rpm.  I have read a story about Standard factory engineers visiting
Australian David van Dal after getting wind of the level of power he claimed
to have wrung out of the Standard Vanguard in his early Morgan Plus Four.
Dubious at first, apparently they learned something from this innovative
racer.

I'm not sure about the stud diameter, but it seems likely they were upgraded
too.

Duncan