fot

[Fot] TR4 H6 vs HS6 carbs

To: Triumph Friends of <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 H6 vs HS6 carbs
From: Mike Mehl <mike.mehl@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:14:26 -0800 (PST)
I have been running HS6 carbs since I got the car back on the track.  They are
fully sorted with time on the Dyno.   With that said (I had a few posts on FOT
about this over the last 6 months) I thought I had a carb problem with some
weird loading up in left hand turns coming off a full fast throttle.  I did a
leak down and found it was a blown head gasket between cylinders (no over
heading or lost water).  While thinking I had a carb problem before figuring
out the head issue I found a nice set of H6 carbs that I have been working
on.  Most of the NW FOT racers are using H6 carbs.

Any thoughts would be
welcome.

Thanks!!!

Mike Mehl #46 TR4