fot

Re: [Fot] Tranny rebuilt problem looking for a solution

To: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>, fot-bounces@autox.team.net, "Friends" <fot@autox.team.net>, "Triumph" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tranny rebuilt problem looking for a solution
From: jeff_durant@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:08:20 +0000
Chuck,
This is a fairly common problem when assembling the TR trans.  Try flipping the
transmission upside down.  This will allow the laygear to rest on the mainshaft
gears and hopefully take and load off of the thrust washers.  Then carefully
move the thrust washer into position.  I use a small pick  through one of  the
2x 5/16" layshaft end plate mounting bolts to rotate and position the thrust
washer.  This has worked for me many times.
Give me a call if you get stuck.
Jeff D.
TR6 #12
TR250