fot

[Fot] Overdrive Query

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Overdrive Query
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 08:52:45 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I was going through some notes yesterday and I found a reference from a
friend suggesting that a "P-type" overdrive may be a good upgrade to look
into. This suggestion was based on several points, not the least of which
was that you can get new, modern replacement parts and that they are built
to handle rediculous power (like 600 HP). Don't quote me on the power
number, but the point is that they are overbuilt compared to A-types and
J-types. They're also designed to withstand stupid-big line pressure, like
780 PSI, so they're capable of instant shifts.

So, that made me poke around a bit and see what I could find and in the
small amount of searching that I did, I came across Gear Vendors - they do
upgrades for all sorts of applications and it looks like they either use
teh P-type or they build a knock-off of it.

I plan to do some more research on the matter, but I wanted to throw this
out to the FOT to see if anyone has any direct experience with Gear
Vendors and / or with the P-type mounted to a Triumph gearbox.

And, no, I haven't chatted with John Esposito. Yet.

Regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive