fot

[Fot] Some more California Air...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Some more California Air...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:53:43 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: BillDentin
Amici...

My TRIUMPH WORLD magazine arrived in the mail over the week end and
includes the second installment of the two part Kas Kastner interview, and in
particular lots of stuff about the 250K car.  It's great.

Two other 'how to' articles involve how to rehang doors after a frame off
restoration to get them to fit as good (or better) than TRIUMPH did (includes
25+ how to pictures), and also an article about adding power brakes to a
Spitfire or GT6.

But my favorite was an article about a guy who built a TRIUMPH Standard
sedan into a race car.  To me that's sort of like making a Checker taxi cab
into a race car, but the author says it's seen 125 mph on the track.  Perhaps
more impressive was his TRIUMPH Standard car hauler.  That was very slick,
impressive, and brought back memories to me of the 18 years or so I towed to
race events in eight states with a 'vintage' tow vehicle (1950 Chevrolet One
Ton Panel truck).  Doesn't hold a candle to Hardy towing a race car across
the country with an XKE, but it was impressive (and often exciting) all the
same.

Great articles

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net