fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Engine Spare

To: mmoore@wave1.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Engine Spare
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:36:05 -0400 (EDT)
Mike,

There is an interesting corollary that Ibve come to believein
whole-heartedlyb&whatever spare you have with you will not be needed.  Back
in the day, other racers often commentedon the odd spares I brought with me to
the track.  ALL of those spares represented a problemthat had occurred during
my racing career. Amazingly, I canbt recall everhaving to utilize 99% of
those spares a second time although I helped many a TRracer with those
uncommon spares. The look on their faces when I pulled thepiece they needed
from the truck was worth the trouble! You will have manyissues yourself, and
you can start your own pile-o-spares.

With that in mind, no matter what level of experience youuse to build a spare
motor, you will always have bthe good motorb and the
bbackupbb&theybrenever the same, even with the same parts installed.
So, I would have someone do a head for youand build the best bottom end you
can. The time will come that you will have a tired/broken motor and anupcoming
race that you really want to attendb&time for that bother
motorbb&youbllbe glad you did.

Of course you should do the engine build yourself, thatbsthe best feeling,
going around the track on your own sweat and equity!

Sweatin in Nor Cal
Nick

Good luck with Gary's old car, it will be missed here in Nor Cal...one less TR
in the area.