fot

Re: [Fot] Exhaust Headers

To: "'davehogye'" <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Exhaust Headers
From: "john hasty" <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:51:55 -0400
Cc: ''Friends of Triumph' Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: Ac5BvUo19lmeGZNdT82nN+3kGnxZ7gABP+iA a=4XwCEAaBuO8A:10 a=B8rx5kvwQHCoTlY5PM2Gsg==:17 a=mkkZP590AAAA:8 a=C_IRinGWAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=JcvzPq48AAAA:8 a=9oMpImMYdKwtYAPQmgkA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=qtyMPpPvNdoA:10 a=JFLLmj4W_BAA:10 a=JgL6sTUlBcsA:10 a=0vksvMZRuTEA:10 a=Ki9j9A26RgQA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=uWM2GsfHPyAA:10 a=LuNFSA0Xe1kA:10 a=si9q_4b84H0A:10 a=o15QKIrmmfOA22ka:21 a=yk-YQ7XqPbQUwKWO:21 a=2P-zRrdaYt89Enniiv4A:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10 a=W2jhhuppXbv3tUaX:21 a=-wmuCNspWF_Q74jW:21 a=4H5-O16dXaQ7MpWn:21 a=WRPx9yAHAAAA:8 a=q7gBIbq27XNFTW0-Qs4A:9 a=KQqxNPgzF0kA:10 a=Sf_gFPzhefAA:10 a=LKyD-a-1BEJsTdCd:21 a=B8rx5kvwQHCoTlY5PM2Gsg==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
The Stahl header was perfect.  3 pictures attached.  I had them send the
engine plate to me first so we could fit it to the modified head.  Had them
use 16 gage 1-5/8" tubing instead of 18 gage.  It is 4 into 1.  The fit of
the primary tubes to the rectangle exhaust outlets was perfect as if they
had been forged to shape.  The primary tubes, as best I could measure, were
exactly the same length.  I had the collector welded and they used an
additional strap around the primary tubes at the point they fit into the
collector.  I then had Airborne ceramic coat it to reduce the radiated heat,
they say, by 35%.  The collector was close to touching the frame at one
point and Allen made a little more clearance by modifying the frame at that
point, but other than that no fitting problems.  (Note my old header had the
same frame clearance problem)

Bud's old header is 4 into 1 & has rust etc. but is sound and useable.  I
have no idea who made it, perhaps Bud could tell us.     Cheers!

John H. Hasty
Attorney At Law
Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
719 East Boulevard
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
Tele: (704) 372-5600
Fax: (704) 372-4601
E-mail: jhhasty@gdhs.com
www.gdhs.com

PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments) is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and/or may contain ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT.
dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message
and its attachments and notify us immediately.  Thank you.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:  In order to comply with certain IRS regulations
regarding tax advice, we inform you that, unless expressly stated otherwise,
any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments)
is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for purposes of
(i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.

  _____