fot

Re: [Fot] crank float

To: "Bill Tobin" <william.tobin31@verizon.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] crank float
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 07:27:09 -0700
Pinning the thrust washer is a good idea, but don't use steel pins, you
should use brass pins.If something should happen. at least you won't be
running the crankshaft on the steel.
A better fix is to machine the main cap to accept an additional thrust
washer and then you'll have twice the surface area for the thrust. Instead
of pins you could use brass screws.
Check out the link below.

http://www.customthrustwashers.com/

Charly Mitchel