fot

Re: [Fot] trans fluif

To: trmarty@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] trans fluif
From: Yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 17:20:25 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Before I ponied up for the billet bottom end, I ran an OD in my race car. I
tried a couple varieties of GL4 and 5, but never overcame the problem of the OD
engaging sluggishly and then not at all on a hard, hot run. I believe I was
frothing the oil at big rpm. I was about to put Redline in and be done with it,
but I called Moldex instead.

It was suggested to me to run non-detergent 30 weight oil in a street OD box,
and it works great. When I rebuilt the race prepped OD box this Spring  to sell
in the old yellow car, I went to Napa and bought the same cheap oil that has
served me well on the street, and ran a weekend at VIR. Shifted perfectly, and
the OD worked perfectly.

I change it every race weekend because that gives me the ability to take a
close look at the oil, giving me a good read on the health of the box. Redline
oil is way too expensive for that!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive