fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school

To: Mike Moore <mmoore@wave1.net>, 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 clutch getting desperate, 2 days till racing school
From: barry rosenberg <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 04:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
Make sure you do not have a Quinton Hazel clutch setup. They stick just like
you describe. Next, check the diameter of your clutch hose, it should be
bigger than your brake line. Clutch hoses need to be bigger to allow the
pressure to release quickly. If the master cylinder took the same size fitting
as before, it is probably correct for the clutch, it should have a bigger line
fitting than a master brake cylinder. An adjustable pushrod is useless. The
only way it would have any effect on the situation is if you adjusted it so
far that the piston is bottomed out in the slave cylinder and then you would
be putting constant pressure on the TOB, not good. TR 3-6 hydraulic clutch
systems will always, when in good condition, push the piston out as far as it
will go just by the small internal spring. It just keeps very light pressure
on the pushrod. If you lengthen the pushrod, all you do is push the piston
back into the slave cylinder, until you go so far as
 to bottom it out.