fot

Re: [Fot] piston ring question

To: <j.wags63@yahoo.com>, <tony@tonydrews.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>, "fubog1" <fubog1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] piston ring question
From: <riverside@southslope.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:03:13 -0500
Lots of diverse responses.   I am still pretty fuzzy on the theory end.
Ring flutter?  Does this really happen?   How does the wider 2nd ring
gap prevent it?   What is the downside of trapping pressure between
the rings if this really happen;   I cannot see there being much pressure
trapped there if the top ring is working.
I checked some new in the box rings from two different manufacturers
and there was no mention of special gap for ring 2.

art de armond