fot

[Fot] A lap of PIR

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] A lap of PIR
From: Jim Norlin <jamesnorlin@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:43:41 -0700
A while back, I think I mentioned that I was writing articles for our
local Triumph Club newsletter.  Last month, I wrote a brief history of
Portland International Raceway.  This month, the column is a narrated
description of a hot lap of the track in our Spitfire.  It includes a
link to a short Youtube Video as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYlUFEwlsM

Disclaimer:The racing line that I describe may be different that the one
you should use depending upon your car and the way it is prepared.For
example, our Spitfire's suspension is much stiffer and lower than stock
but even so we have a tendency to lift the inner /rear/ tire during hard
cornering.To prevent that tire from spinning, we run a welded, solid
differential, which makes the car tend to understeer unless driven very
hard.An MG Midget or AH Sprite on the other hand, tends to lift the
inner /front/ wheel during hard cornering.The racing line that we take
through turns 4 to 7 compared with the Spridgets is significantly different.

Jim
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive