fot

Re: [Fot] Dick Trickle

To: "'Triumph Friends of'" <fot@autox.team.net>, <mdmehl@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Dick Trickle
From: "MadMarx" <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:36:15 +0200
I only heard of Cole Trickle

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: fot-bounces@autox.team.net [mailto:fot-bounces@autox.team.net] Im
Auftrag von Mike Mehl
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Mai 2013 00:47
An: Triumph Friends of; mdmehl@gmail.com
Betreff: [Fot] Dick Trickle

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/dick-trickle-former-na
car-driver-dead-self-inflicted-202844077.html

I am sure some of you have
seen this.  It is very sad.  Dick was a great guy and an incredible driver.
The oldest NASCAR Cup rookie in history.  I met Dick at the Daytona 500 back
when low budget teams raced their way into the 500.  He was all about fans.
He would race at New Smyrna speedway in his own stockcar each night during
speedweeks and then hustle a ride at the 500.  I spent a very entertaining
evening with him at New Smyrna getting his take on life and racing.  He said
if you had to run a 500 lap race you need 5 hours sleep, 400, 4 hours and if
you had to run a 100 lap race you didn't need to sleep at all. You could
party all night with the fans.  Gotta love the smoking during a yellow flag
video in the link.

Mike Mehl #46 TR4
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com