fot

[Fot] Brake pads don't fit

To: Fot@autox.team.net s=q20121106; t=1369326727; bh=CH5K/eakfBk4SDDCPb2byxFGgWQN9lRK/PZ4q2yAG60=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=D1qJ0VBG9+seBd5RnMR1nboLgFSSjWeHlMgY/O0ChdmchY7X4lfBlLFsIy2SYREP3 998YWXLPH8hiwTcGPLIC+OKGxIR8kbm0Cb/4JNFe6mD8+xgBp7LSrxhvQWhCoJu/gv oGIl4G1AlbqZK+VnWS8e7vcwX8bktlm2c1rMj0yH2Lz4Su5Y33OtCdHIAhuDdJ1oxp +Z+6pOc4gtVot0mFWQn0AEWi8n1wrELr64Xn6MHcRy3zh+jOb1+11sU5Pzj7pEJubH 5OrAFVAT7Bf9ppIWSI+6Es6zdMsBbLxvGt4ZODkXC4GeM9DNGMCzoAElxsC2Udl6ND fUd1NZ7jadYkA==
Subject: [Fot] Brake pads don't fit
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:32:06 +0000 (UTC)
Hello friends,
I've been driving my TR3 on the street with Hawk blue pads and have put over
500 miles on them now. They make a mess of dust all over and they've been
squealing like crazy driving around town between stops sometimes. I ordered a
set of performance street pads from Moss and the outside pad will not fit in
the caliper. It's obvious that the rotor is not centered in the caliper, but
the Hawk pads went in no problem, so I hadn't noticed the offset until trying
to fit other pads. I got another set of street pads, thinking the Moss pads
where fat and same problem.
I have TR3 uprights, TR4A-TR6 caliper carriers and new, not remanufactured,
calipers from BPNorthwest and new aluminum hubs. I called BPN thinking the
caliper might be the problem and they have had no other calls on this. Perhaps
the hub dimensions are off. I guess I'll have to shave the outside pads to fit
them, but has anyone else come across this issue. I'll be measuring things and
hopefully find out what's going on, but it looks like at least .050" will have
to come off the pad.

Thanks,
Dave
fot@autox.team.net