fot

[Fot] brakes & sway bars

To: FOT <FOT@autox.team.net> refid=str=0001.0A020207.51A89273.00B0,ss=1,fgs=0, ip=0.0.0.0, so=2011-09-13 19:33:14, dmn=2009-09-10 00:05:08, mode=single engine
Subject: [Fot] brakes & sway bars
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 08:07:13 -0400
Thanks for the positive comments on our Kevlar shoes. For those
unfamiliar with the prduct, we reline brake shoes with Kevlar. This is a
drum "friendly" product, fairly high coefficiednt of friction (.45 -
.47) and does not need to be warmed up. So, you have brakes the first
time you hit the pedal and are consistent from then on . Since these are
relined shoes, we can pretty well do anything. Shoes for our cars are
$65/set of 4.  For race applications we bond and rivet.  Larger shoes,
such as American cars, can be done but at a higher price.  Bad news is
there is going to be a price increase to effective June 1.  If you order
soon and specify FOT price, wqe will honor the $65.  Offer good through
June 15.

Sway bars are used to "tune" a suspension.  If everything else is not
done first, frame straight to springs to bushings, throwing a sway bar
at the car does not fix anything, only acts as a bandage. Our website,
www.tsimportedautomotive.com. has a section on waybar rates and handling
"what if's". Click Product Information" and take a look.  Some of the
rear bars use a really quesionalbe mounting method.  It involves
drilling holes in lower frame rail and using a rectangular "U" bolt to
retain the bar mount. A lot to ask from a frame that is 40+ years old.
We redesigned a rear mount that does not require frame to be drilled and
allows fore/aft movement to change bar rate. Yes, we do make bars.
Thanks for your time. Ted

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx@bright.net