fot

[Fot] Spitfire single-rail trans-reverse shift??

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Spitfire single-rail trans-reverse shift??
From: Sam <trdoctor@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 13:58:58 -0500
I had something similar happen to me on my GT6 with a single rail.  I took the
car in to an upholstery shop for some work.  Driving it home I soon realized
that I only had reverse, first and second.  I called the trim shop and turned
around and went back.  I told him that he was going to have to pull the tunnel
to get to it.  Evidently one or the guys that moved the car around ham-fisted
it into reverse.  Reverse is the shortest throw and all I can figure is that
he tried to force it in.  The rail where it meets the shifter got bent at the
yoke.  They pulled it out and straightened it and it works like a champ.
YMMV
Sam

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com