fot

Re: [Fot] To Do list

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] To Do list
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:16:53 -0700
On 9/11/13 8:53 PM, robert bownes wrote:
> Don't forget:
>
> 0) Figure out how to make money buying Triumphs
That's an easy one.  Buy, ship and sell.

During the 1980's people made a good living buying British sports cars,
356s, and Alfas in the US, shipping them overseas and reselling them.  A
lot of our sports cars left the US during that decade to go live in
Japan, Europe and Australia.  Back then people could buy a car in the US
and triple their expenses when they flipped the car.  At least the final
buyers took better care of the cars than the Americans did.

Back then I had a '68 MGBGT that I wanted to sell.  The engine was in
very good condition, the overdrive gearbox was rebuilt about 10K miles
earlier.  No rust, no dents, good steering and suspension. The interior
was complete but could stand to be refreshed.  The BRG paint was worn to
the point where you could see primer in areas.  It was a solid driver
that would be really nice with paint and a fresh interior.  No one
wanted to buy it for $1500 because it would cost more to paint than they
thought the car was worth.  I finally sold it to a retiring university
professor in South West Australia for $2500 and he was happy to get a
BGT in that condition for what he thought was a bargain price.  He
bought my car and a friend's bugeye Sprite.

TeriAnn
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive