fot

Re: [Fot] Help needed, TR250 engine rebuild oil pressure problems

To: robertten1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Help needed, TR250 engine rebuild oil pressure problems
From: Duncan Charlton <duncan.charlton54@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 14:56:10 -0500
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--Apple-Mail=_0C02C1F0-92F1-47A0-B5D1-346A2981F2AB

I'm not sure that's worst case -- the bearings, either crank or cam =
bearings, could have too much clearance and that would require a full =
teardown, ye that doesn't seem likely if the engine rebuilder followed =
long-established practices.  One other item that hasn't been mentioned =
yet -- are you using an oil cooler with a thermostatic valve?  If it was =
installed improperly perhaps there's a way it could rob pressure from =
the system when the oil heats up and the valve opens.

Duncan
(Texas)

On Sep 15, 2013, at 10:13 AM, robertten1@aol.com wrote:

>=20
>=20
>=20
would first hook up a mechanical test pressure guage at the Oil Pressure =
Switch in the block and see what readings you get.  Worse case ... the =
Pump could be at fault.  Lastly are you running the cannister filter or =
a spin on oil filter?
<6pack@autox.team.net>; fot <fot@autox.team.net>
> Sent: Sun, Sep 15, 2013 5:53 am
> Subject: Re: [Fot] Help needed, TR250 engine rebuild oil pressure =
problems
>=20
> Could there any trouble with the pressure relive valve?
> I'm not familiar with the 6 pot engines.
>=20
> Chris
>=20
> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
Mine is
> relatively new from BPNW.  I do have a second one I could swap in.  =
The oil
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/robertten1@aol.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/duncan.charlton54@gmail.com
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_0C02C1F0-92F1-47A0-B5D1-346A2981F2AB

-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">I'm =
not sure that's worst case -- the bearings, either crank or cam =
bearings, could have too much clearance and that would require a full =
teardown, ye that doesn't seem likely if the engine rebuilder followed =
long-established practices. &nbsp;One other item that hasn't been =
mentioned yet -- are you using an oil cooler with a thermostatic valve? =
&nbsp;If it was installed improperly perhaps there's a way it could rob =
pressure from the system when the oil heats up and the valve =
href=3D"mailto:robertten1@aol.com";>robertten1@aol.com</a> =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><font color=3D"black" size=3D"2" face=3D"arial"><br>

10pt">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: robertten1 &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:robertten1@aol.com";>robertten1@aol.com</a>&gt;<br>