fot

Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance

To: MadMarx <tr4racing@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR8 - Endurance
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:19:27 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
I should think that just with modern tires on the car, that time would
more like 2:25 or less with no other changes. I'd base that on times for
the Runoffs in GT2 class which is "sort of" what class the TR8 would run.
The real fast GT2 cars are tube-framed and are considerably faster in the
2:16 range.

But a 2:30 in '79 is at Road America was a pretty stout performance. IMHO,
of course.

I think I remember watching that race on TV back in the day. They used to
show the races delayed a couple of weeks on syndicated TV coverage. I
remember following the progress of the TR8 all year and cheering them on.

That car is/was pretty awesome.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Triumph TR6!!            |  This space for rent
Former NER Solo Chair                          |
Voice:617-253-7438                             |  Cell: 339-927-4489