fot

Re: [Fot] PRI Spitfire and GT6 Manifold gaskets

To: "'Scott Janzen'" <sjanzen@me.com>, "''Friends of Triumph' Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] PRI Spitfire and GT6 Manifold gaskets
From: "Spitfire Racing" <Spitfire_Racing@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:31:41 -0400
Well, there have been complaints, quite a number of them in fact. I used his
gaskets on racing Spitfire engines and bought them by the dozen years back.
The old ones were excellent, the new ones I have found to be useless. At the
time (~ a year ago) Chris said to just use two......... Worse than useless!
Everyone is certainly entitled to opinions but I will never use these again
unless he goes back to the old material which was suburb.

Yeah, at the time I too was told there were no complaints and these were
just as good. The two products had as much difference as fine oats, before
and then after they go through the horse!
I still have some of the "old" gaskets and would like to source a production
run of them if I can find the material. Those were excellent. As a side
note, there was no asbestos in any of the gaskets I got!

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49