fot

Re: [Fot] engaging/disengaging the overdrive?

To: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>, 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] engaging/disengaging the overdrive?
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:57:03 -0600
I give a very brief lift when upshifting unless I don't.  :)  Like at
the start of the race I keep my foot flat, but later when I'm not
side by side with someone I'll give it a brief lift.  Shifting out of
OD is normally done under braking.  You can leave it OD when shifting
from 3rd to 4th, but I'd almost always go from 3OD to 4 then to 4OD
to keep the revs up.  On the downshift, sometimes I'll leave it in OD
- like go from 4th OD to 3rd OD because the corner wants that ratio.

Cheers, Tony